Thursday, January 30, 2014

Unplanned Events

Boy, does life keep trying to teach me to roll with the punches.

I had envisioned a super cute post for you guys yesterday or today where I could put up pictures of the adorable, Pinterest-worthy space I created for K's school...  Well, then our desk arrived and the desktop piece was split right down the middle.  Unexpected.  I also did not expect the company's website to not work, and to have to sit on hold (with the worst hold music ever) for FORTY MINUTES.  FORTY.  FOUR-TEE.  SO many minutes.  Just to get a new desktop ordered.  Luckily I got the email that they shipped it today, so within the week we can hopefully have a more functional school space than our breakfast table pushed up against a wall, and the curriculum in the cardboard boxes it came in.

It has also been unexpected how much actual work this whole thing has been.  I know...what was I thinking??  I knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park.  I guess I always figured since I have done so much passive teaching in my daily life with the kids that it would just be a slightly more organized version of that.  Instead it's me sitting at K's side on the computer for the majority of the hours of my day.  Chores have gone by the wayside.  I haven't been able to run to the store as I thought I'd suddenly feel free to do, let alone having the ability to go do fun things like the aquarium or parks.  I have faith that those things will come.  Sooner or later I'll be in the groove with this, and we'll finish quicker, have fewer hiccups, and feel freer to work school into the time frame we need.  For now I'm just unexpectedly tied down.

The good news is that we are having fun, we are learning.  The kids are getting along great, and AB couldn't be happier to have sissy around to play with more often.

The even better news?  Tomorrow is Friday.  Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment