Thursday, February 20, 2014

Crazy Week

I have been quiet for the last week or so for two reasons.  The first of which was that last week we had some crazy weather, ice storms closing everything up, lost power for 12 hours, and the online school was all messed up from it.  So we had a weird school week where we kind of muddled through the offline stuff on our own. (Actually pretty fun - lots of literature and arts.)

The second reason is that I feel too darn complainy.  I don't want this blog to shed a negative light on our homeschooling experience, and I don't want to turn to it every time I just need to get something off my chest.

That said, I also am not going to lie and say everything is coming up roses.

This week has been really good.  We had Monday off for President's Day, and that made me worry about Tuesday, but we had a great day and got our work done really quickly. Then yesterday was, for whatever reason, totally difficult and it took us forever to get through our work.  Today everything went smoothly, we had fun, and we even took a break to do some pictures of the kids when the light was just oh-so-perfect.  Go figure!  There seems to be little rhyme or reason to K's moods and my own.  I have to say, I definitely prefer these fun days (obviously har har).

1 comment:

  1. Guuuuuuuuuuuurl, you are rocking it. I love hearing about the homeschooling. Keep it up. I want to know it all, roses and thorns. (Forgive the campy metaphor, but I couldn't help myself.)

    ReplyDelete